All-American Stuffed Turkey Burger
One of those recipes that may sound difficult but its not. Done in only 20 minutes.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct-heat cooking.
- In medium-size bowl combine turkey, oats, egg, garlic powder and pepper. Divide turkey mixture in half. On 2 pieces (each 10-X 11-inch) wax paper, shape each half of turkey mixture into a 6-inch diameter circle.
- Sprinkle onions and relish over one circle of turkey mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border around outside edges; top with catsup and mustard. Cut cheese into 4 equal strips and arrange cheese strips, spoke-fashion, over catsup and mustard. Carefully place remaining turkey mixture circle on top of cheese. Remove top layer of wax paper from turkey mixture. Press turkey mixture edges together to seal.
- Lightly grease cold grill rack and position over hot coals. Invert giant burger onto grill rack; remove wax paper. Grill burger 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature of 165 degrees F. is reached on meat thermometer. To turn burger, slide a flat cookie sheet under burger and invert onto another flat cookie sheet, then slide back onto grill rack*.
- To serve, cut burger into fourths. Serve with lettuce and tomato slices if desired. * Can also use greased grill basket if desired.
Sodium: 2252mg | Sugar: 13g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 696mg | Cholesterol: 263mg | Calories: 779kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Fat: 48g | Protein: 57g | Carbohydrates: 29g