A superb breakfast and/or brunch recipe that is filling without being over the top.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Cook the asparagus in enough boiling salted water to cover for 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy non-stick 10 inch (25 cm) skillet over moderate heat.
- Sauté the shallots until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and beat to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook, scraping the sides and bottom occasionally with a spatula, until the bottom has set.
- Place the skillet under a preheated broiler until the top has set.
- Be careful not to burn the top. Invert onto a serving platter and cut into wedges to serve.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 288mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 407mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1439IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 227mg | Iron: 4mg