Chicken and Almond Soup - Sopa de Pollo y Almendras
A rich yet delicate soup from the lovely country of Mexico. One you must try.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 6 people
- Cook the chicken breasts by simmering them in the chicken stock for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove them and set them aside.
- Saute the almonds in the butter over moderate heat until golden.
- Place the almonds, onion, and one of the chicken breasts in an electric blender or food processor, along with a little of the stock, and blend until pureed.
- Add this mixture to the remaining stock, along with the nutmeg, cumin, and cayenne.
- Add the second chicken breast, cut into small pieces, and heat over moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the optional sherry just prior to serving.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 616mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g