Child Meatballs is as the name sounds. These are ideal as snacks or as part of a main dish with pasta or rice. These contain no chillies or spicy ingredients so all children will love them. I use a slow cooker for these but they can be pan fried in 10 – 15 minutes if you don’t have a slow cooker.
- In a glass bowl combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the sausage meat and beef to the bowl and gently combine until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Shape into about 20 meatballs. They don’t need to be perfect by the way,
- Place a frying pan over a high heat. Add a little butter and olive oil and when melted fry the meatballs in batches until they are lightly browned. Should only take a few minutes each.
- Add the marinara to the slow cooker and carefully add the meatballs.
- Turn the slow cooker onto high and cook for about 4 hours until the balls are cooked through. It will take 5 – 6 hours on low.
- When cooked serve when needed and enjoy. I usually add a further grating of parmesan.