Cold Poached Chicken Breast with Watercress Sauce
This is a different method to cook chicken breasts but they are moist and full of flavour.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 large skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups chopped watercress 375 ml or spinach, parsley, coriander, cilantro etc
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise 180 ml
- 3/4 cup sour cream 180 ml
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch ground white pepper to taste
- Combine the onion, garlic, and the rosemary in a saucepan along with enough water to cover the chicken breasts, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, then add the chicken breasts.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Allow to sit in the poaching liquid for 10 minutes, then place the pan in the refrigerator, complete with the poaching liquid.
- Allow to chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- For the sauce, combine the watercress, mayonnaise, sour cream, shallot, salt, and pepper in a food processor or electric blender and puree until smooth.
- To serve, remove the breasts from the poaching liquid and drain on paper towels.
- Place a dollop of the sauce on top of each breast, and put the rest of the sauce in a bowl for diners to serve themselves.
Sodium: 373mg | Sugar: 4g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 302mg | Cholesterol: 41mg | Calories: 273kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Fat: 22g | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 14g