If you are looking for a simple but very tasty pasta dish to replace the norm then I would suggest this. The added nuts give this meal an added texture that is subtle but a hit.
This must be the best easiest recipe I have ever seen. I could eat this every single day.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 2 people
Fresh Pesto (you can make this in advance)
- We'll be using a food processor to make the pesto. Put the garlic, pine kernels and some salt in there and process briefly.
- Add the basil leaves (but keep some for the presentation) and blend to a green paste.
- While processing, gradually add the olive oil and finally add the Parmesan cheese.
Finishing the dish
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook your tagliatelle al dente.
- Use the cooking time of the pasta to sauté your bacon strips.
- After about 8 to 10 minutes, the pasta should be done. Drain it and put it back in the pot to mix it with the pesto.
- Present the dish with some fresh basil leaves on top.
Calories: 1235kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 84g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 44g | Cholesterol: 226mg | Sodium: 2547mg | Potassium: 623mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g