Fried Goat Cheese with Mint and Arugula
I don't normally like goats cheese but pan frying it takes it to a level of gorgeous.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 12 oz goat cheese 300 g), chilled
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic 15 ml
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 ml
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves 125 ml, chopped
- 1 pinch ground pepper to taste
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- flour to cover cheese
- Slice the cheese into 1/2-inch (1 cm) rounds.
- Dredge with flour, dip into the egg mixture, and dredge with flour again. You can do this in advance and chill the cheese unitl needed.
- Heat 1/4 inch (5 mm) of oil in a skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Carefully fry the cheese, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine the onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, arugula and mint in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Place a small bed of the mint and arugula mixture on each plate and top with the fried cheese.
Sodium: 385mg | Sugar: 4g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 383mg | Cholesterol: 120mg | Calories: 375kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Fat: 29g | Protein: 23g | Carbohydrates: 7g