Halibut, Broccoli, and Tomato Casserole
Fish, vegetables, cheese and wine in one pot is a spectacular dish.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 4 people
- 3 cups broccoli florets 750 ml
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut fillets 675 g
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 15 ml
- 4 tbsp olive oil 60 ml
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour 45 ml
- 2 cups milk 500 ml
- 2 tbsp dry white wine 30 ml, optional
- 1 cup Swiss cheese 250 ml, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted, 60 ml
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes 250 ml
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste to taste
- Steam the broccoli just until it is tender but still crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Rinse under cold running water and set aside.
- Place the halibut in the center of a lightly greased baking dish and arrange the broccoli around the edges.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over moderate heat and stir in the flour.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add the wine, cheese, salt, and pepper and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour over the halibut and broccoli, sprinkle with a little paprika and the toasted almonds.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 375F (190C) oven until the fish is firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the broccoli around the edges and bake uncovered another 5 minutes.
Sodium: 269mg | Sugar: 10g | Fiber: 6g | Potassium: 509mg | Cholesterol: 127mg | Calories: 755kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Fat: 44g | Protein: 62g | Carbohydrates: 27g