Low-fat Eggplant Parmigiana and Macaroni
An excellent vegetarian pasta main dish that has flavour, texture and aroma all in one dish.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup onions minced
- 3 medium Unpeeled Tomatoes Quartered, about 1 1/2 lb
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 3 cllove garlic Minced
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup White Flour
- 1 3/4 lb Unpeeled Eggplant 1/2 in slices
- 1 large egg white slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Dry Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet, place over medium-high heat, and brown 3 cloves minced garlic. Add onions, saute till clear.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Cover and cook about 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Discard Bay Leaf.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni 8-10 minutes, just until tender. Drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick skillet and brown 3 cloves minced garlic. Add scallions and mushrooms and saute. Add macaroni to skillet and fry for a few minutes, just till macaroni gets crispy.
- Pour the macaroni mixture into a 10x10x2 inch baking dish.
- Place tomato mixture in processor and process until smooth. Spread on top of the macaroni.
- Arrange 3 flat bowls in a row. In the first bowl add the white flour. In the second bowl crack in the egg white.
- Add a sprinkle of garlic, salt, paprika, parsley, etc., and whip together. In the third bowl place the bread crumbs.
- Coat the eggplant slices with the flour, then the egg whites, and then the breadcrumbs. Place eggplant on a tray coated with cooking spray, broil for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place eggplant slices on tomato mixture; bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Better dig in and make sure to get your share since there probably won't be any leftovers
A suprb mix of eggplant/aubergine and pasta to make a gorgeous dinner fit for any table.
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 888mg | Potassium: 1011mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 14g