Poached Pear Halves With Wine Sauce
An excellent dish to finish a meal. The pears are softened in the sauce and absorb the wine!!Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Combine the wine, apple juice, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, and cloves in a large skillet and heat to simmering.
- Add the pears, cut-sides down. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes until the pears are tender.
- Carefully remove the pears and place them on serving dishes. Discard the spices.
- Heat the wine mixture to boiling. Mix the cornstarch or arrowroot powder with water and add to the wine. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the sugar. Spoon the sauce over the pears. Garnish with mint to serve.
Whole nutmeg and cinnamon sticks add punch to these pears.
Sodium: 5mg | Sugar: 17g | Fiber: 0.04g | Potassium: 47mg | Calories: 119kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.002g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Saturated Fat: 0.01g | Fat: 0.04g | Protein: 0.02g | Carbohydrates: 21g