Serve with steamed vegetables and potatoes or rice for a tasty healthy meal.
Poached Salmon with Caper and Lemon Sauce
Tried and lovedPrint Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Place salmon in a large pan. Add 1/2 cup wine and enough water to just cover the salmon. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer, turn the salmon over, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring until brown.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup wine; boil until slightly reduced.
- Stir in lemon juice and capers; cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and salt.
- To serve, top the salmon with the sauce and garnish with dill.
Serve with steamed vegetables and potatoes or rice.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 335mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 1g