"Red Cooked" Pork & Vegetables
A simple but very tasty recipe that when served on a bed of rice is divine.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 2 lb boneless pork shoulder cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp minced ginger root
- 2/3 cup Kikkoman stir-fry sauce
- 2 tbsp dry Sherry
- 1 tsp fennel seed crushed
- 3 large carrots cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 lb mushrooms quartered
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice enough for 4 people
- Add stir-fry sauce, sherry, fennel and 3/4 cup water to pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and white parts of green onions. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, or until pork and vegetables are tender. Stir in green onion tops; cover and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, blend cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Stir into meat mixture; cook, stirring, 1 minutes, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
Sodium: 3287mg | Sugar: 17g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 15mg | Cholesterol: 121mg | Calories: 609kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Fat: 43g | Protein: 34g | Carbohydrates: 21g