When it comes to special meals, turkey is one of the most popular poultry recipes around. This Simple Roast Turkey Crown is fast and simple with an amazing honey, mustard and vinegar sticky glaze. To guarantee a superb result leave the turkey crown to rest for 30 minutes to relax the flesh.
Simple Roast Turkey Crown
- Pre-heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Smear the room temperature butter all over the turkey crown.
- Add salt and half the five spice.
- Place the turkey crown, skin side up, into a high sided roasting tin.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Add the honey, Dijon mustard and wine vinegar together with the rest of the five spice mix into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- After 30 minutes is up remove the crown from the oven and add half of the glaze using a pastry brush.
- Place back in for another hour glazing at least twice more.
- When cooked all the way through and the glaze is sticky remove the crown from the oven and leave to rest on a warmed plate. Cover the crown with foil and leave for at about 30 minutes before serving.
- The juices from the pan can be used for flavouring the gravy.