Classic Mushroom Risotto is such a simple dish that it is a family favourite. However, risottos are very easy to cook and so full of flavour, they are incredibly easy. Also using Porcini Mushrooms adds the essentials, colour, texture and flavour to this dish. This is a lovely vegetarian dish that satisfies even the most ardent meat lovers. Risotto wouldn’t be risotto without a sprinkling of parmesan.
Classic Mushroom Risotto
- Pour hot water into a glass and add the porcini mushrooms to soak for at least 10 minutes. When soaked, drain well.
- Add the oil to a large heavy saucepan and when hot, add the onion and garlic.
- Fry for a few minutes, until they have softened.
- Add the chestnut mushrooms and fry the mix for a further few minutes until nicely browned.
- Add the rice and coat in the oil.
- Add the wine to the pan and allow to simmer. Continue to stir until the liquid has been fully absorbed.
- Add a large spoon/ladle of the hot vegetable stock and continue simmering.
- The mixture needs to be stirred until again, the liquid has ben absorbed.
- Repeat with another spoon/ladle until the stock has been fully absorbed. When finished, the rice should be a lovely texture and size.
- Chop the drained porcini mushrooms and stir into the risotto.
- Add the chopped parsley and the butter,
- Finally add the alt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkling go f freshly grated parmesan.