Banging Burgers is what my kids call an American mountain of a “fast food” meal. If you are on a diet then you probably don’t want to read this. I use this recipe all year round and grill during the winter and bbq in the summer. This recipe uses ground beef but you can mix half and half with ground pork for a change in flavour and texture. Either way, this recipe works as a main course with the abundance of fillings.
- In a large bowl add the Beef, Worcestershire Sauce, Chili Sauce, Mustard and Onion and mix thoroughly. You need to make sure everything is spread evenly.
- Place the mixture onto a plate and divide into 4.
- Wet your hands slightly and shape the burger mixture in patty shapes
- Turn on the grill
- Lightly oil a baking rack that fits into a tray and add the patties.
- Place under the heated grill for about 5-6 minutes each side until the juices run clear.
- Whilst the burger are cooking, place a frying pan over a high heat and fry the bacon. Place to one side when cooked.
- When grilling the second side, remove for the grill about 1-2 minutes before the end and add slices of cheddar cheese and swiss cheese to each patty.
- Return to the grill and allow to melt.
- Place the bun halves into a toaster and toast. Alternatively, place under the grill when you remove the burgers. The buns only take a minute of two to toast.
- When ready serve with a choice of filling including lettuce, red onion, mustard, tomato ketchup and not forgetting the bacon. The list is endless but add you favourites.
- Serve hot immediately.