Baked Fruit Compote
One of my favourite desserts and suitable regardless of the weather. The fresh fruit finishes a meal with class.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 12 small peaches, apples or pears cored, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh berries assorted in season choice
- 2/3 cup red wine 160 ml
- 2/3 cup sugar 160 ml
- 1/2 large lemon or lime thinly sliced and seeded
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp Salt 1 ml
- 1 whole star anise optional
- 6 whole black peppercorns optional
- Place the fruit in a baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the sugar is dissolved-do not boil.
- Pour the liquid over the fruit and bake covered in a preheated 350F (180C) oven until the fruit is tender, 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the ripeness of the fruit.
- Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.004g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.05g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 41g