Indian Chawal Balls are a superb side dish and snack using up left over cooked rice. Combined with grated cheese, chili and mustard powder for a bite with a kick. These are ideal as a side dish and as a snack and complement any Indian meal. Also, these can be made in advance and kept in the fridge until needed so good for parties etc.
Indian Chawal Balls
- place all o fthe ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly. (You can mash the cooked rice for a finer texture should you choose).
- Damped your hands and divide the mixture into at least 12 balls of equal size and place onto a clean plate.
- Heat the oil in your pan.
- When up to temp, add a few balls at a time (depending on the size of your pan) and fry until the turn golden brown.
- Rmeove form the pan and place on a warmed dish and cover with foil until the remianing balls are cooked.
- Serve immediatley as a side dish or as a snack with a sauce (ketchup, HP, Hoisin etc)