Cuban Fried Cow – Vaca Frita is a traditional recipe that will have you drooling for more. The marinate of lime juice, lemon juice, garlic and salt/pepper makes this a recipe that will be a favourite. Allow the beef to fully blend with the marinade in the fridge overnight. Finally, the beef is seared on the grill or bbq adding that final taste of perfection. Therefor when the beef is in rolls. pittas, tortillas etc the taste is explosive.
Share: do you have any recipes like Cuban Fried Cow – Vaca Frita to share with the world? If you do Click Here and let us help.
Cuban Fried Cow - Vaca Frita
- Combine the beef and bay leaf in a pot, cover with salted water, and cook over low heat until the beef is tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the beef from the liquid and cool to room temperature.
- Cut the beef into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces and shred with your fingers or a pair of forks.
- Combine the shredded beef with the lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a non-reactive bowl and marinate covered in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat until it is very hot.
- Drain the excess liquid from the beef and fry in the oil, stirring frequently, for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the beef is crisp.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.