Being able to Fry the Perfect Egg is an essential for any home cook. Having a fried egg with a perfectly set white yet a cooked runny yolk boosts any dish. Whether it be on top of a steak, salad, fried breakfast or in a sandwich, it is an added bonus.
Fry the perfect egg
- In a frying pan, heat the oil until hot.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl or cup. Makes sure no egg shell goes into the pan.
- Carefully, ppour the egg into the pan.
- Leave alone for 2 minutes over a low heat.
- Check the white is set to your liking. If the white is still runny, leave for another 30 seconds.
- The yolk should still be runny.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper.