Indian Butter Chicken
Marinade the Chicken
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, salt and whole chicken breasts into a sealable food bag and mix together.
- Place in the fridge overnight to marinade..
- Scrape off a majority of the marinade that is on the chicken and discard it. You’ll have plenty of the second sauce to keep the food moist and provide enough sauce.
- Cut the chicken into mouth size chunks.
- When you’re ready to cook the chicken, add the butter, garlic and jalapeno into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl add the 2 teaspoons cumin, 2 teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, tomato sauce and heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Stir the corn starch into the one tablespoon of water and add to the slow cooker and stir (stir and pour quickly since you’re using more corn starch than water it will settle quickly).
- Cook an additional 20 minutes on high.