The grapefruit adds a special zang to this recipe. I had not tried before but now get requests for it every time. Saucy Texas Ribs is a very simple recipe that anyone can do and make it a success as a main and side dish. The dip is superb and coats everything perfectly whilst the grapefruit juice gives a surprising hit that nobody expects. Also the dip can be made in advance and kept in the fridge to save time when entertaining. Also coating the ribs in breadcrumbs gives the entire dish a different texture to normal. Serve with homemade fries for a simply perfect dish.
Saucy Texas Ribs
- First, juice enough grapefruit to make 2 cups. Pour juice into saucepan along with tomato paste, ketchup, cornstarch and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Keep warm.
- Dip ribs in beaten egg; then roll in seasoned crumbs. Arrange on foil covered broiler pan. Drizzle butter over ribs.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until crisp and brown (about 10 minutes), turning frequently and basting with drippings.
- Serve with warm grapefruit ketchup as a dip.