A simple side dish that the Brits love to have with Fish and Chips. Mushy Peas are a fast to produce dish that helps fill the plate and definitely adds colour. Adding cumin and mustard seeds give this dish a little kick without blowing your mind.
A classic British side dish that belongs with Fish and Chips.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Put water into a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Pour in the peas and cook until soft.
- Drain the peas and pour into a blender and blitz. Add hot water to thin if needed.
- Melt the butter in a hot pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and cook until they sizzle. Add the blended peas and pinch of seasoning.
- Cook for about a minute.
- Reheat the peas just prior to serving.
Sodium: 6mg | Sugar: 5g | Fiber: 5g | Potassium: 240mg | Cholesterol: 13mg | Calories: 123kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 6g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 13g