Bolognaise Meat Sauce is a recipe that is permanently on the shopping list. I used to buy from the store until I found this recipe. Now my dishes are full of flavour and always get finished off. I serve with garlic bread to make mopping up easier. The plates look like they have never been used.
This is a good old fashioned Italian dish served with piping hot spaghetti and grated parmesan cheese.Hard to beat such an easy to cook dish. I make this Bolognaise Meat Sauce recipe in advance and in bulk and freeze in bags (less space infreezer) and defrost when needed. So versatile.
Bolognaise Meat Sauce
Condiments, Sauces and Oils
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the chopped bacon rashers and fry for 10 mins until lovely and golden.
- In the same pan, add the chopped onions, carrots, celery sticks, garlic cloves and the leaves from the rosemary and fry for about 10 mins.
- Continually stir the vegetables until they soften.
- Once done, increase the heat to medium-high and add beef mince and cook. Make sure all of it is browned all over. Will only take a few minutes.
- Add the plum tomatoes (if whole thn mush them up), the finely chopped leaves from ¾ small pack basil, oregano, bay leaves, tomato purée, a crumbled beef stock cube, the red wine and 6 halved cherry tomatoes.
- It is best to stir with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for about 75 mins stirring occasionally. Take off the heat when the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with Spaghetti and parmesan for a traditional pasta dish.