Garlic Bread is always a popular dish whether it be as a side-dish, starter or snack. The ingredients are simple to prepare, the cooking is fast and easy. Finally the flavour and aroma make it compelling. This recipe can be made in advance, wrapped in foil and placed in a sealed bag and frozen. Just get it out a few hours before you need it. It is that simple. Despite being a French recipe, it is superb for wiping dishes clean especially pasta dishes. Nobody wants to leave any tasty sauces behind. I make a few of these in one go to have a constant supply. My son always has a few in his freezer for emergencies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley together in a small bowl.
- Make 1-inch thick slices into the bread, but do not go all the way through, just to the bottom crust.
- Put a portion of the butter mixture between each slice and spread with a knife.
- Wrap the bread in foil and heat for 15 minutes in the oven.
- When ready, tear the bread apart into portions.