A stunning recipe that is refreshing and filling at the same time. Use vegetable stock to make this vegetarian.
Lemon Risotto - Risotto al Limone
- Combine the stock and water in a pot and bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Heat half the butter in a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the onion until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes.
- Add about 1 cup (250 ml) of the broth mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until almost all the liquid has been absorbed before adding more.
- Continue cooking and adding liquid, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- Add half the grated lemon zest and all of the lemon juice.
- Continue cooking and adding more liquid as needed until the rice is tender but still firm-"al dente"-about 5 to 10 minutes more. Immediately before serving stir in the remaining butter and grated Parmesan, and garnish with the remaining lemon zest.