Nan’s Pancakes is a recipe that has been a family favourite as long as I can remember. Over the years, they have been topped with fruit, syrup, jam, sugar, bacon, cream, sausages on more. Not at the same time though!! These can be whipped up for breakfast and/or brunch or basically snack time as they are so quick.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together into a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Careful not to burn it.
- Make a small creater in the center of the dry mixture and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter.
- Combine slowly until lovely and smooth.
- Lightly oil a frying pan or griddle over a medium high heat.
- I use a ladle to pour the batter into the pan. It means each pancake is the same amount of mixture.
- Cook the pancake on until brown on both sides.
- Always serve hot with a topping of your choice.