This Easy Beef Burrito recipes is a game changer. The beef sauce can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a couple of days. I serve them as a main dish or as a snack with a mixture of fillings. Fillings such as avocado, cheese, tomatoes, asparagus, lettuce, salad, chillies, peppers to name but a few. A filling meal for 4 people ready in less than an hour.
Easy Beef Burrito
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 400 g chopped tomatoes can
- 400 g kidney beans can
- 8 large tortillas flour or corn
- 500 g cooked rice in advance
- Place a large pan over a high heat and add the sunflower oil.
- Add the chopped onions and fry until translucent (7-10 minutes)
- Add the spices, garlic and oregano and fry for another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Place the mince into the pan and make sure it its not in clumps.
- Sizzle for about 5 minutes stirring until the mince in lovely and brown.
- Add the sugar, then the vinegar and then the canned tomatoes.
- Lower the heat to medium and allow the pan to simmer for abut 5 – 7 minutes.
- Then add the kidney beans including the water in the can. Its all flavour.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Continue to simmer for about a further 20 minutes until everything is cooked and the sauce resembles a thick gravy.
- Heat the tortillas per the package instructions.
- Lay flat and add a spoonful of rice and then the beef sauce.
- Add your own fillings. The list for fillings is extnesive.
- When the tortilla is full, fold over each end and then tightly roll.
- Secure the tortilla by wrapping a piece of kitchen foil around.
- Eat immediately.