An omelette is a simple dish that once mastered, brings a lot of options to your kitchen. We show you how to cook a simple omelette using 4 ingredients only, eggs, oil, butter and herbs. We also show you when to add your ingredients. Served as a main dish for brunch and breakfast, or as a lunch snack. Also ideal for when you are in a rush.
How to cook a Simple Omelette
- Crack the eggs into a glass bowl and season well with salt and pepper. beat the eggs and seasoning well.
- Place a frying pan over a medium low heat and add the oil and butter.
- When the butter is starting to foam, carefully pour the eggs into the pan.
- Swill the pan around so that the mixture covers all of the frying pan.
- Leave the mixture for about 20 seconds on the heat so that it starts to cook.
- Tilt the pan again to move any runny egg around.
- You can, using a spatula, move part of the semi firm omelette aside and tilt the runny egg into the exposed part to help it cook.
- For a simple omelette, I just add chopped parsley but cheese, ham, sautéed mushrooms etc all taste amazing.
- Simply sprinkle the filling over the omelette and fold gently in half using a spatula.
- When the egg is cooked to your liking, slide the omelette onto a plate and serve.