Tartare Sauce is an essential for so many fish dishes. Whether it be Simple Salmon Cakes to a Fish Bap, it works. Served as a sauce it adds the finishing touch. Made ahead of time for ease and less stress. This recipe goes so well with Fish and chips, as shown in the photo. Try the cod and chips. Served as a sauce or as a dip for an excellent addition to so many meals.
Simple Tartare Sauce
- In a clean glass bowl, add the mayonnaise, pickles, lemon juice, capers, dill and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir well until combined and lovely and creamy.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to your liking adding additional lemon juice if required.
- To let the flavours combined, add the mixed sauce to the fridge and leave for a while. Ideally 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Place the sauce into an air tight container and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Goes so well battered fish.