Spicy dried beef is one of those things that you may never have tried until now. This is easy to prepare and cook and very tasty. Ideal as a snack as whilst filling, it is not fattening. the longer you leave the beef to marinade, the better. The flavour becomes more intense so marinate a minimum of 7 hours but ideally overnight. This is especially handy when you are in a rush or on the go and have no time to cook. Also it is ideal when you just need something light to keep you going until lunch or dinner.
Spicy Dried Beef
- Clean well beef and slice into thin strips.
- Put the lemongrass, chili powder, 5 spice, oyster oil, salt, white sugar, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Use your hands to add this mixture of spices ensuring each slice of beef is covered.
- Put on bowl and cover by nylon bag, put in fridge in 7 hours.
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil, add minced garlic and fry until it is soft and coloured. Then, add beef into pan.
- Use a lid to cover pan, cook on a high heat for a few minutes moving them to ensures all parts are seared.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking in 20 – 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the lid and season again your suit your own taste..
- Continue to cook until its fluid is nearly absorbed into the beef then take off the heat.
- Remove for the pan and flatten slightly with a rolling pin.
- Place them on a grill tray and turn grill to 100 degrees for 30 minutes turning them constantly.