Belgian Waffles – Vlaamse Wafels, Gaufres a la Flamande is as good as it sounds. The recipe is so easy to follow and so tasty. When you have so many toppings, this must be one of the most popular dishes. Whether it be Jams, cream, syrups, fruit etc. Also, I have used this as a snack and for brunch and breakfast.
Belgian Waffles -Vlaamse Wafels, Gaufres a la Flamande
- Combine the yeast and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the warm milk in a small bowl and allow to proof for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the egg, yeast mixture, and sugar.
- Stir to mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the remaining milk and the egg yolks one at a time, stirring to incorporate.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla, stirring just to combine.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter, cover with a towel, and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Stir down the batter when ready to cook.
- Cook each waffle till brown and tasty.
- Serve with fruit, cream, yoghurt, honey, syrup and many many more