Thai Fried Prawn and Pineapple Rice is a low calorie recipe that is always a winner. The pineapple with the prawns and Thai spices just make this a superb one dish meal. Using pre cooked basmati rice saves time when actually cooking. This recipe can be ready within 20 minutes making it ideal for hungry families. This can be a side dish but also a main dish making it nice and versatile. I often serve this with Shrimp Satay and its perfect partner Spicy Peanut Sauce for a filling meal. Keep this in mind when you are home late or in a rush. It always keeps you going.
Thai Fried Prawn and Pineapple Rice
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 whole spring onions greens and whites separated, both sliced
- 1 whole green pepper deseeded and chopped into small chunks
- 140 g pineapple chopped
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 4 tsp light soy sauce plus extra to serve
- 300 g basmati rice cooked
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 140 g peas frozen
- 225 g bamboo shoots drained
- 250 g prawns cooked or raw
- 2-3 whole limes 1 juiced, the rest cut into wedges to serve
- 1 bunch Coriander
- Heat the oil in a wok or non-stick frying pan and fry the spring onion whites until softened.
- Stir in the pepper for 1 min, followed by the pineapple for 1 min more, then stir in the green curry paste and soy sauce.
- Add the rice, stir-frying until piping hot, then push the rice to one side of the pan and scramble the eggs on the other side.
- Stir the peas, bamboo shoots and prawns into the rice and eggs, then heat through for 2 mins until the prawns are hot and the peas tender.
- Stir in the spring onion greens, lime juice and coriander.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with extra lime wedges and soy sauce.