When its time for a BBQ, you must have Shrimp Satay. This simple yet so tasty recipes involves marinating the shrimp is a wicked sauce bringing out the full flavours. Using molasses, soy sauce, peanut butter and rice vinegar creates flavours that compliment but not overpower the shrimp. Superb side dish and snack.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add a little more liquid if necessary to make a thick sauce.
- Set aside.
- Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl, add the oil and seasonings, toss to combine, and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers and grill over hot coals until firm and opaque, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve with the sauce for dipping.