Simple and gorgeous. Helps with Omega 3 but don’t tell the kids.
Simple Salmon Cakes
Simple and gorgeous. Helps with Omega 3 but don't tell the kids.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 4 people
- 3 tsp Extra Virgin olive oil divided
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 15 oz canned salmon drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked salmon
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 3/4 cups whole-wheat breadcrumbs fresh
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and celery; cook, stirring, until softened.
- Stir in parsley and remove from the heat.
- Place salmon in a medium bowl and flake apart with a fork ensuring to remove any bones and skin.
- Add egg and mustard; mix well.
- Add the onion mixture, breadcrumbs and pepper; mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties, about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in the pan over medium heat.
- When it has reached temperature, add 4 patties and cook until the undersides are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a wide spatula, turn them over onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Place the baking sheet and the salmon cakes until golden on top and heated through.
- Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges and a veg of your choice.
- Lots of sauces to choose from on this site but would recommend the Dill Sauce.
Calories: 569kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 707mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 3g