A vegetarian chili makes a lovely change to a normal chili. The flavours are amazing.
A simple chili that is so tasty, you would not know it was vegetarian. This makes a lovely change to a normal chili.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 6 people
- 30 oz diced tomatoes can
- 15 oz black beans can/drained
- 10 oz frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium zucchini / courgette sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded/chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground pepper to taste
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese and sour cream in the slow cooker.
- Cook covered on low heat for 8 to 10 hours, or on high heat for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve topped with grated cheese and sour cream as a garnish.
Don't forget to add grated cheddar cheese and sour cream as a garnish. It all works.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g