Potato Soup the Old Way
An old recipe my best mates gran used to make. This is simple but incredibly tasty.Use Veg stock for Vegetarian option.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- When it foams, add the potatoes and onions and toss them in the butter until well coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Cover with a butter wrapper or paper lid and the lid of the saucepan.
- Sweat on a gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Bring the stock to the boil.
- When the vegetables are soft but not coloured add the boiling stock and continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the milk and purée the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve sprinkled with a few slices of honey carrots (see recipe) and a few freshly chopped herbs or some of the following garnishes.
Sodium: 675mg | Sugar: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 361mg | Cholesterol: 0.3mg | Calories: 75kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.004g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Saturated Fat: 0.005g | Fat: 0.01g | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 15g