- Mix the melted butter and lemon juice together and pour them into a baking dish large enough to hold the bananas snugly in a single layer.
- Add the bananas and turn them to coat with the butter mixture.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the bananas.
- Bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven until the butter begins to bubble, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the optional coconut over the bananas for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.