Prawn Dim Sum are delicious little parcels of prawn mix wrapped in dough. These make lovely starters or side dish with other Chinese recipes. To make this even easier, I buy dim sum wrappers which are available everywhere. However, if you have the time, the they are easy to make – visit our dim sum wrapper recipe. Furthermore, the prawn mixture can be made in advance and chilled until needed. The dim sum need to be prepared at the last minute and served immediately. The benefit of dim sum is that can be steamed making them taste so clean and prevents the flavour being diluted.
Prawn Dim Sum
- Pour the soy sauce, sesame oil and the chopped red chilli into a bowl and whisk together.
- Next, place the prawns into a small food processor and blend to a purée.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the other ingredients and mix.
- Place the wrappers onto a flat surface and add a small spoonful of the prawn mixture in the centre of each wrapper.
- Fold the wrappers over the prawn mixture to create a semi-circle.
- Press the edges of the wrapper together with damp fingers to seal the wrapper parcels and gently crimp the edges.
- Place the parcels into a steamer over a pan of simmering water and cover.
- Steam for 4-5 minutes, or until the prawn mixture is completely cooked through.
- Remove from the steamer and serve immediately with the dipping sauce.