Almond Cake - Torta di Mandorle
An ideal cake to have in the larder for snacks and/or desserts. Served with a double cream for a truly memorable recipe.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 10 slices
- Combine the almonds, flour, baking powder, and salt in an electric food processor and process until the almonds are finely chopped. I often retain ahandful of almonds to sprinkle on top as the cake goes in the overn.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add the butter mixture to the almond mixture and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks and fold into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Smear the batter into a greased and floured 9-inch (23 cm) spring form pan and bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Add the reserved almonds liberally on top.
- Cool on a wire before removing from the pan.
Thias cake never lasts long in my household.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g