An upgrade for a normal muffin. The lemon and ginger add a severe pick me up for an early morning start.
Lemon Ginger Muffins
- Combine the sugar, ginger, and lemon zest in an electric food processor and process until the ginger and zest are finely ground.
- Add the butter and process until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs, process, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and process again until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the buttermilk and the flour mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured muffin pans and bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes.