A classic French salad that can be a starter, side dish and a main dish. Very tasty and very popularPrint Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Toss the bread cubes in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450F (230C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cut the garlic clove in half and vigorously rub the inside of a wooden salad bowl with it.
- Discard the garlic.
- Break the romaine into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, egg or egg substitute, anchovies, and Worcestershire sauce and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the Romano cheese and toss with the romaine.
- Top with croutons and serve immediately.
Calories: 1076kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 38g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 646mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 0.02g | Sugar: 1g