Italian Meatball Soup – Polpettine in Brodo is an Italian classic meaty soup that is a entire meal in a single bowl. Every ingredient that goes into this meal merge together to make a perfect creation. This is an ideal winter warmer and perfect comfort food. I normally serve this with Garlic Bread for a main dish or on its own for a starter. It adds an extra texture but also for the dunking factor. The fact that you can cook this recipe in only 20 minutes means you can have it even when in a rush. This is one of those dishes my children and grandchildren adore.
Italian Meatball Soup - Polpettine in Brodo
- Combine the beef and chicken stocks and water in a pot and bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Place the bread and milk in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork to make a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form into small meatballs about 1/2 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter.
- Place in the simmering stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- The Beef and Chicken Stock can be canned or homemade.