Apple Danish Parcels
Lovely small parcels that are ideal for kids. Always have a few in the freezer in case of emergencies.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Peel, quarter and core apples. Place in a medium saucepan with a splash of water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until apples have softened slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir through sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half, then each half into three even rectangles. Brush the border of one rectangle with water. Top with a big spoonful of cooked apple.
- Take another pastry rectangle and cut a few slits across it, being careful not to cut all the way across. Place this piece over the apple, pressing the two pieces of pastry together firmly around all of the edges.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients until you have six parcels, then place them on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the tops with extra sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Ideal for desserts and also snacks. Always have a few in my frezzer in case of emergencies
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Sugar: 45g