Bishops Pie is a decadent delight with chopped Pecan Nuts or grated chocolate. Whilst originally from America, the rest of the world has caught on. Served as a dessert or as a snack it is perfect. The whipped cream on the chocolate pudding base is a lovely match.
- Melt butter; stir in flour and 1 cup of the nuts.
- Continue stirring until a thick paste is formed, with no flour lumps.
- Press into bottom of a 13×10 baking pan and bake 15 min at 375F. Cool.
- Prepare first layer of filling by combining cream cheese, sugar and 1 c whipped topping.
- Beat with electric mixer at med speed for 2-3 min.
- Spoon into cooled crust, then smooth with spatula.
- Combine pudding and milk in the mixing bowl used for the first filling.
- Beat well, then pour over the cream cheese layer.
- As soon as the chocolate layer firms up a bit, spoon on more whipped topping, smoothing and adding until there is an additional 1/2 inch layer above the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans or grated chocolate and chill for at least 3 hours.