Cream of Broccoli Soup
A warming soup that is healthy and tasty, especially with the stilton.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 10 servings
- Trim broccoli and cut into one-half inch thick slices. Steam in salted water until tender.
- In large sauce pan, melt butter and saute onions, celery and garlic until brown.
- Stir flour gradually into butter mixture. Add milk slowly, then add chicken broth and herbs.
- Stir over low heat until soup thickens and boils.
- Add broccoli, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot. Top with almond slivers or chopped tomato, if desired.
- Add crumbled stilton over individual bowls for added flavour.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g