Cream of Broccoli Soup is a delightful winter warmer for all the family. The smooth blend of the broccoli and stilton make this a perfect experience to both the taste buds and the nose. Serve as a main dish for a light meal or as a soup snack, it works.
Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Trim broccoli and cut into one-half inch thick slices. Steam in salted water until tender.
- In large sauce pan, melt butter and saute onions, celery and garlic until brown.
- Stir flour gradually into butter mixture. Add milk slowly, then add chicken broth and herbs.
- Stir over low heat until soup thickens and boils.
- Add broccoli, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot. Top with almond slivers or chopped tomato, if desired.
- Add crumbled stilton over individual bowls for added flavour.