Sweet Potato Soup
Warming sweet soup that is always a crowd pleaserPrint Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red pepper
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 2 lb sweet potatoes
- 2 400g cans back beans
- 2 cup water
- 1 whole lime cut innto wedges
- 1 whole avocado peeled and diced
- 1 bunch Coriander fresh
- In 6-quart saucepot, heat oil on medium.
- Add onion and red pepper and cook for 5 minutes continuously stirring.
- Stir in garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add broth, potatoes, beans, water, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat to boiling on high then reduce to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender in portions and blitz.
- Puree until smooth and return to pot. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Serve immediately with diced avocado and coriander.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 461mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g