Gorgeous Gravy Ahead of Time
This makes a superb gravy to freeze ahead of time. Remove from freezer day before and reheat - SIMPLE and tasty.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Mix the oil, carrots, onion and chicken wings in a roasting tin.
- Put the roasting tin in the oven and roast for 45 minutes until the chicken is golden-brown and the vegetables soft.
- Transfer the roasting tin to the hob over a medium heat.
- Add the white wine, if using, or pour in a glass of water.
- De-glaze the tin and scrape off any caramelised bits on the bottom of the tin. When done, remove from the heat.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the vegetables and chicken to a large saucepan.
- Stir in the cornflour until thoroughly combined.
- Add the liquid from the roasting tin and the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- As it bubbles away use a fork to break up the chicken and vegetables as much as you can.
- Strain the gravy through a fine sieve into a freezeable container, pushing through as much of the chicken and vegetables as you can.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Allow the gravy to cool completely.
- Then cover with a lid and transfer to the freezer. Defrost in the fridge the night before you want to serve it.
- When your roast meat is resting, add the premade gravy to the roasting tray. Heat gently, and stir thoroughly to incorporate all the flavours from the turkey as well for an unbelievable gravy.
- Stir well and pour into a serving jug.
This will keep well in the freezer for about three months in an airtight container.
Sugar: 0.1g | Fiber: 0.2g | Calories: 29kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Fat: 2g | Protein: 0.2g | Carbohydrates: 2g