These are so easy to cook, they are ideal as a starter, canapé, snack and side dish. They are always the first to be eaten.....Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tail shell on.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature for about 2 hours, stirring every half hour.
- Cook the shrimp over hot coals for two to five minutes, turn and cook an additional two to five minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the marinade in a saucepan and heat over a high flame until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Or place shrimp in a single layer along with the sauce in a large ovenproof baking dish and place under the broiler for three to five minutes, basting occasionally.
- Turn the shrimp over and broil an additional three to five minutes.
- Serve the shrimp in individual bowls along with some of the sauce, or on plates with sauce on the side.
- The idea is to pick up the shrimp by the tails and dip them in the sauce.
- Serve with hot Italian or French bread for sopping up the extra sauce.
Calories: 781kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 64g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 43g | Cholesterol: 345mg | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g