Penne with Asparagus and Salmon – Penne agli Asparagi e Salmone is one of my favourite Italian pasta recipes. The mix of salmon and asparagus is always a winner. However add a lovely creamy sauce and it becomes a full main dish.
Penne with Asparagus and Salmon – Penne agli Asparagi e Salmone
A simple succulent recipe that even I can cook successfully. A subtle combination of flavours that make this dish such a delight.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Steam the asparagus until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold the cooked pasta over moderate heat and sauté the onion until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon, tomatoes, salt, and pepper and the reserved asparagus and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- The salmon fillets should be skinless and cut into 5mm strips.
- The asparagus should have the dry ends cut off, trimmed and cut into 2 cm pieces.
- Always choose your favourite pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
- The tomatoes can be canned and must be drained.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g