Buttermilk Almond Scones
I have always loved scones but these are a new level of flavour.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 24 servings
- Toast almonds; cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Oil two 10½x15½-inch baking sheets; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar in large 3-quart mixing bowl; set aside. Whisk buttermilk, egg and almond extract together in small bowl; set aside.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add almonds, reserving a few for topping. Add buttermilk mixture and mix lightly with a large fork until mixture clings together and forms a soft dough.
- Carefully add the raspberrys to break them but not to pulp
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead gently 5 or 6 times. Divide dough into quarters. Roll out ½-inch thick into four rounds.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and cut each round into 6 wedges. Brush each round with cream; sprinkle with sugar and reserved almonds.
- Bake at 425F for 12 to 15 minutes until done and lightly browned. Serve hot with lots of butter.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.05g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g